Welcome to the USNA Parent Club of Northern Virginia
Welcome to the Northern Virginia chapter of the UNSA Parent Club! We are excited that you have found us and look forward to supporting you and your midshipman.
The U.S. Naval Academy Parents’ Club of Northern Virginia is a non-profit organization dedicated to the support of USNA midshipmen and their families and friends. Our club is open to parents and guardians of current USNA Appointees, Midshipmen attending the United States Naval Academy, and Midshipmen Candidates at the United States Naval Academy Preparatory School (NAPS), as well as USNA graduates, alumni families, and Blue and Gold Officers who share a mutual aspiration in supporting our local club.
Our mission is to provide parents of midshipmen with information and insight to better understand life at the Naval Academy and to offer support to midshipmen and their families. We arrange a variety of social activities for our members, midshipmen, and graduates to promote friendship and fellowship. Parents are encouraged to develop bonds with one another, share ideas and experiences, and foster a support system to help ensure their midshipman’s success at the Naval Academy and ensuing future military service.
USNA Northern Virginia Parent Club Events
We encourage communication and organize events focused on the midshipmen throughout the year. We regularly communicate about USNA events and activities and continually deliver support provided by parents, families, and friends. Our regularly scheduled chapter events include:
- Fall: USNA Kick-Off Tailgate and Watch Parties to cheer Navy Football and the Brigade of Midshipman
- December: Joint Service Academies Ball, a formal annual holiday reception for NoVA military students, families and friends from all of the military academies
- February: Dark Ages Care Packages, club gathering to box and send goodies to NoVA Mids, just in time for mid-terms and the winter blues
- Spring: Commissioning 101, an information session for parents about the week-long event including details about house rentals, catering, photography, logistics on graduation day, etc. and local vendors
- March: Firstie Recognition Dinner, spring dinner for senior midshipman and their families as they prepare for commissioning, where they will be presented with US Flags flown over the Pentagon on Navy Memorial on I-Day
- Early June: Welcome Aboard Picnic for incoming plebes and their families, providing information to help parents prepare for USNA, and allowing current midshipmen to talk with incoming plebes in a relaxed setting
- Late June: I-Day Welcome Picnic where parents from Northern Virginia will be on hand to welcome new 4th Class families
Our monthly board meetings are open to all and we would love to have you join us. Please email us at email@example.com for meeting details or with any questions.
STAY UP TO DATE: FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK
To keep up on the latest updates and to share information, we invite all active members to join our private USNA Parents Club of Northern Virginia Facebook group. Members also receive monthly emails with the latest club and USNA activities.
You can also access the USNA Parent Event Calendar and USNA Academic Term Calendars to view key school milestones including dates, times and information for the MIDS academic year exams, leave dates and time, training schedules and events on the yard. The USNA Public Affairs Office also publishes a comprehensive listing and links to all USNA calendars.
USNA Parents’ Club Membership
Membership in our club is open to all Northern Virginia families and friends of the US Naval Academy appointees, midshipmen, USNA alumni, and Blue and Gold Officers who are interested in supporting the mission of our club. We encourage you attend our club events and get involved in our committees.
On behalf of the USNA Alumni Association & Foundation, we’d like to invite you to join our club!
GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!